Local Food Delivery Collective- Part time Customer Service & Logistics Coordinator
Valley Green Feast Collective is looking for a new part-time worker owner to join our team. VGF delivers fresh, local, and organic food to homes around the Pioneer Valley in an effort to support local agriculture and make healthy food more accessible in our community. We strive to create a just, equitable work environment that fosters growth, learning, and collaboration. We are a worker owned collective business wherein decisions are made by consensus and all workers are part owners. To learn more about the business visit www.valleygreenfeast.com.
- +/- 20 hours per week including Friday delivery shift (other hours flex)
- Customer service and logistics coordination.
- Compensation is $9.00/hr. to start plus mileage reimbursement @ $.56 cents per mile, surplus produce, and the ability to purchase local food at wholesale pricing.
- This position starts October 1st, 2012.
- We are asking for at least a two-year commitment
General tasks include picking up local products, packing boxes, delivering boxes in personal vehicle up to 100 miles per week, frequent email communication with other worker owners, and attending bimonthly meetings. Specific tasks include answering phone calls, emails, managing customer orders, designing routes, and coordinating weekly logistics. There will be a one month training period, during which the current and new workers will work together to create a smooth transition.
- Knowledge of worker owned Collectives/Cooperatives
- Ability to communicate clearly and directly
- Commitment to working in a collectively run business
- Must be organized, reliable, good attention to detail
- Familiarity with Excel and Google docs
- Driver's license, car insurance, and a reliable car for weekly use in deliveries
- Clean Driving Record
- Availability on Fridays for a shift up to 10 hours
- Regular internet access and computer literacy
- Must be self directed, motivated and energetic
- Interest in and enthusiasm about local food and agriculture
- Customer service experience
- Knowledge of local farms, farmers and farm products
- Interest in Social Justice and Sustainability
- Interest in Cooperative economies and inter-cooperation
To apply, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org a letter of interest, resume, and two professional and two personal references by September 10th. No phone calls, please.